Transistor type question...

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by csmain, Apr 22, 2009.

1. csmain

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 28, 2009
    I am designing and building a three stage power amplifier and saw a circuit online that I am going to work off of, but there are about 3 different types of transistors used in this circuit and I only have access to a select amount of would changing the type of transistor effect a circuit. I mean still using pnp or npn just not the exact data type.....thanks
  2. SgtWookie

Jul 17, 2007
    Transistor characteristics vary widely. There tens of thousands (even more) different types of transistors that have or are being made. Frequently there are direct substitutions, but more often then not, adjustments may have to be made in attempting to compensate for the differences.

It would help a great deal if you could post a link to the schematic of interest, and a list of what transistors you have access to. As of right now, you really have not given us enough information to compose a helpful response.
  3. PRS

Aug 24, 2008
    As SgtWookie said, show us the schematic. You can usually make substitutions.
  4. csmain

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Thanks for the replies, Once i finish modifying the circuit Ill post the schematic...