Transistor inquiry

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
The part number you have supplied does not look familiar to me. Can you supply any other information? Perhaps you can take a digital photo and post it in this thread.

hgmjr

rvh002@gmail.com

Joined May 15, 2009
HI, it is a typical black plastic TO92 type unit like a BC107 or similar. I cannot tell if it is PNP or NPN as it is totally shorted. It is in a small batery charger that I am trying to repair. I think it is used as a driver for LED from a LM358H. Unfortunately no circuit diagram. Hope that helps.

Slider2732

Joined May 6, 2009
The good news, from my limited transistor knowledge, 9014's are very common on 1980's circuits. You can find them in a lot of junk gear from garage sales or second hand stores etc.
They are an NPN transistor.
Here's the datasheet - http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheets_pdf/9/0/1/4/9014.shtml

In my transistor trials building non critical component joule thief circuits, their output and characteristics are similar to 2N2222A, 6001 or 3904. In laymans terms, when the writing is facing you, the ground leg is always the left leg but the other two might have to be swapped depending on transistor version above.
So I believe for most circuits they are considered a general purpose NPN transistor :)