Transistor equivalent?

geoffers

Joined Oct 25, 2010
Hi all,

I realise this is a long shot but I'm trying to repair a circuit board that switches 12v soleniods, it does a lot more besides but I had a short on one soleniod which in turn burnt out what I assume to be a 0.2 ohm sense resistor? I replaced the resistor but now I'm suspecting the transistor could be toast, all the others which are identical have 10k resistors on them and that is the resistance across the drain and source. The one that had the burnt resistor has about 1 ohm resistance!

I've hunted about the web and it seems my transistor maybe obselete? It has f25n05l and I think it could have been made by harris? I found a datasheet for a rfp25n05l but not for mine.

I'd like to find a equivalent or original and thought someone on here might have used the f25n05l in the past? I think its a n channel mosfet? But am not sure enough to order one and solder it in!

Cheers Geoff

geoffers

Joined Oct 25, 2010
I think I'm sorted out now, got on to Intersil, I must say I'm very impressed had a reply in a few hours! My transistor is one of a few stamped with that number, should have rfp25n05 on it, datasheet easy to find!
Cheers Geoff