Transistor 9013

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Almighty, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Almighty

Thread Starter Member

Oct 3, 2008
    I'm currently on the way of finishing my project...
    It's a RC car, controlled via laptop through USB using the original (RF) circuit of the car.

The problem is, when i connect directly from my USB interface to the transmitter circuit, it works but it does not function smoothly plus it is only workable when both the antennas of the Transmitter and Receiver circuit come very close (A long ruler range zzz)

And then I try by using Transistor, 9013 for amplification in order for it to function normally. But then it's still the same.......

Basically the laptop provides 5V and the remote control (transmitter) uses a 9V battery.............................................. So i tot if I use the 9013s i can amplify it...is it possible to even hit the target range for it to function normally exactly as the power provide by the 9V battery??

Can this problem be solved by using 9013s? If so how do I do it, I am afraid i got messed up with the connections. Should I bother about the negative terminal of the transmitter (since there's also a ground on the USB interface circuit) ?

2. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    It's more likely that you do not have the proper length of antenna(s), or the transmitter/receiver pair are not tuned quite correctly.

You've only posted a block diagram, which is not very helpful.

Post a complete schematic, including what frequencies the transmitter/receiver are supposed to operate on, and what the length of the antennas are.

3. Almighty

Thread Starter Member

Oct 3, 2008
    The diagram to give a general view for understanding haha.
    OK I'll do it asap as I have no time now

I can't just use the original antennas provided by the ori RF?
    Btw, the remote control (Transmitter), there's a sticker stucked to it labeled 35MHz lol. The transmitting and the receiving signal must be the same range eh? How do I check upon the receiver's antenna then?

Gtg, will check on tomorrow. Thanks 4 the fsat reply mate