Transient response of semicinductor switch

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
I'm not sure if stripline will be possible, so I guess microstrip is more probable. Although, I must admit, I haven't really thought about interconnecting possibilities yet.
Well, if you are concerned about transient effects then you need to since that will have a large effect on them.
The switch itself is only a small part of that

paw1

Joined Jan 13, 2015
Well, if you are concerned about transient effects then you need to since that will have a large effect on them.
The switch itself is only a small part of that
You are probably right, but is there any possibility of simulating these interconnection techniques? I may be wrong, but I doubt it's possible in LTSpice IV, which I use. I also have Simulink, but it's a bit cryptic to me to be honest.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
LTspice will work if you know the parasitics of the board. You just add them to the schematic. The trick, of course, is determining that from the layout.
Some of the advanced PCB layout software do calculate the parasitics from the layout but that software tends to be expensive.
You might check one of these references for some clues as to how to do the layout.

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
The device will switch a 6GHz RF signal, however the switching rate is orders of magnitude slower than that. If used as a Transmit/Receive switch, for example, the switching rate might be measured in seconds.

The layout issues are basically creating a transmission line up to each port.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
The device will switch a 6GHz RF signal, however the switching rate is orders of magnitude slower than that. If used as a Transmit/Receive switch, for example, the switching rate might be measured in seconds.

The layout issues are basically creating a transmission line up to each port.
The data sheet states the switching times are less than 10ns.

paw1

Joined Jan 13, 2015
LTspice will work if you know the parasitics of the board. You just add them to the schematic. The trick, of course, is determining that from the layout.
Some of the advanced PCB layout software do calculate the parasitics from the layout but that software tends to be expensive.
You might check one of these references for some clues as to how to do the layout.
Really helpful.

Thanks.