Transformer

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by cpleng7, Nov 24, 2010.

1. cpleng7

Thread Starter Active Member

Dec 18, 2008
    currently i have three phase supply, how can i take the three phase supply to the microcontroller?

Is that I can use the transformer? what type of transformer I can use? Can someone teach me ?

2. themindflayer

Oct 29, 2010
    I take it you want to measure 3 phase voltages ...

simplest would be using a resistor voltage divider and connecting it to an ADC channel ....

a better would be using a diode and a resistor so that only +ve pulses get to the uC

a best would be using an additional capacitor so that uC receives only a dc level ... read the dc level and co-relate using a formula / LUT to actual Vrms of the phase ...

hope this helps ....

3. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    First off never connect or tamper with 3 phase. U need to be well informed on 3 phase and it's dangers.

Unless u explain us what ur intentions are and ur experience regarding mains voltage, this thread wil be locked

4. cpleng7

Dec 18, 2008
    what i need to do is controlling the three phase rectifier bridge which consist of 6 SCR. Now the power supply that i have is the three phase voltage and this three phase voltage actually have to connect to the three phase induction motor. now

below the link is the schematic that i draw and the question that i need the help . hope you all can help me. thank you!!!

http://picasaweb.google.com/cpleng7/DCMOTOR#5543406208143172914

5. themindflayer

Oct 29, 2010
    not recommended for just 1 reason: inexperience with power electronics.

6. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    Wow..u need to do ur homesoek

7. cpleng7

Dec 18, 2008
    May I know what is this mean?