Transformer Wiring Diagram

KCHARROIS

Joined Jun 29, 2012
Hello,

So I bought a transformer and it should be in today. Although I've never worked with transformer so could someone verify that the circuit would be correct and make sure everything seems right?

Thanks

Attachments

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Take a look here http://www.audiofaidate.org/it/materiale/20_020_020_001_PowerTransformer_FilterRatings.pdf
What you need is the dual complementary rectifier circuit. And also a note if you need 8.88A DC your transformer must have a current rating equal to 1.8*8.88A In your case you should not draw more than about 5A in continuous mode
Edit: Looking again at the datasheet. For a dual supply you have to use the secondary windings in serial. And hence the max DC current will be 4.44/1.8 ampere in continuous mode

Last edited:

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Be aware of that transformers has something that is somewhat misleading named "transformer polarity" I do not know if it was luck. But you connected the secondary side correct. But you need to get the "polarity" correct on the primary side also. This is mentioned in the datasheet. And take care to follow this then connecting to the primary side