I purchased a transformer like the one shown here: http://sound.westhost.com/xfmr-2a.jpg I believe it uses an E-I Lamination set. Unfortuanately it's not incased in anything and the transformer is completely exposed. Now that being said, are there any dangers to having an exposed core? I know you'll get a nice shock if you touch the wires, but do I also have to take precautions to cover the core up? If I'm not mistaking touching the core will not give you a shock. By the way this is for a school project, so the average person will not be exposed to it. I just don't want to lose marks for safety.