transformer replacement; problem with legs

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013
You need to do some bit of Reverse Engineering and get the schematic of the unit - it is not too difficult for this unit.

Ramesh

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
please you serch for the schematic.
i give you product details

Kemei
KM-3087
I think there must be thousands of PCB of this nature being designed in China for different purposes. Unless it is a named brand like Apple, Nokia, Sony or Panasonic, only then you'll be able to get the service manual or schematics online.

For that simple SMPS of yours, you should be able to reverse engineer (trace the circuit and wiring and draw it on a piece on a piece of paper. Then attach it here....

Ramesh has been very helpful to offer you good advices on how to do it.

Allen

Last edited:

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
Here are two SMPS power supplies that I found on the net by googling. They both used 3 coils ferric transformers similar to yours.

One of them has an opto-copule while the other one has not. I think the "z" of 200z indicates the number of turns in the coil. The "dot" on the coil indicates the starting point of the windings if all the coils are wound in the same direction.

HTH.

Allen

Attachments

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013
i want to make a new transformer. i broke the outer structure of broken transformer and i took the coil.
then i started to open the winding, i unwraped a long wire and after that it finished.
then i removed a green layer of plastic between the two winding.
then i started to unwrap the inner winding. during unwraping the inner winding, i see that either the wire broke or it might be already cut and it was made up of two pieces of wire. I am not sure about that.
then i unwraped it completely. now i have three pieces of wires. i'll tell u the length of these soon
what you have to do is to tell me how to make new winding
Hmmmmmmmmmmm. The drawings don't seem to match. One of the windings must have been a tapped one . . .. .

Ramesh

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013
Thanks absf. Nicely done. Incidentally, what's the program used?

Sadiq 3210, please check your drawing once again.

C1 of that value (470 nF) in that position seems doubtful.
Why is the battery shown as 6 V? I thought it was 3 V (2.4 V)

I guess the transformer Tags and windings are as attached.
Can you rewind the original tranformer and get an idea of the number of turns per winding?

Ramesh

Attachments