Transformer Less power supply issue

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by 4EverYoungs.71, May 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4EverYoungs.71

Thread Starter New Member

Jun 4, 2014
    TLPS.png Hi every body
    I'm trying to design a Transformer Less power supply as the circuit in attachment,
    by measuring the voltage at the capacitor with AVO in ac mode i got 220V,but by measuring the input of the regulator with AVO in dc mode i got 0V all measuring at no load, and
    i don't know why i got 0V at the i/p of the regulator ?
    although i connected the same circuit with load resistance 2.2K Ohm and without the regulator i got 1.3V as load voltage

also i'm confused in another thing,
    the output of the diode is not a pure DC since it's half sin wave changed in value and not a direction
    should i measure it with an AVO in DC mode or AC mode ?

thanks

2. Reloadron

Jan 15, 2015
    Circuits like you have posted are not discussed in these forums do to the danger issues. They are covered in the terms of service. Your 7812 is missing the ground.The circuit is also a very poor design.

Ron

3. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    I suppose you do know that discussion of transformerless power supplies is prohibited on ACC.

4. ScottWang

Aug 23, 2012
    Welcome to the AAC forum.

The owners of All About Circuits has elected not to host discussions of transformerless threads.

This thread is against the AAC forum rules, Terms of Service (ToS).

Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
    Automotive modifications
    Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
    LEDs to mains
    Phone jammers
    Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
    Transformer-less power supplies
    Terms of Service (ToS).

Automotive modifications of any kind are strictly forbidden. Therefore, this thread will be closed.

Please try to understand the reasons behind this action, and feel free to browse and use the forums.

You might find answers to your questions in one of these forums:

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=54400

Another good forum that shares many of the same membership is http://www.electro-tech-online.com/ .

Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.