Transfer function

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by nepdeep, Oct 25, 2012.

1. nepdeep

Thread Starter Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Hi, I have the following circuit and i want to calculate the transfer function... I dont know which point to consider as the Vout...I suppose vin would just be the input on the non inverting input...please give me some hints ..later we can discuss the transfer function after i calculate then...thanks in advance

IMG-20121025-00100 (Copy).jpg

2. crutschow

Expert

Mar 14, 2008
    That looks like a current source, so the transfer function would be Iout/Vin.

3. Audioguru

Dec 20, 2007
    Since your opamp is not powered then it will not do anything.

Your Mosfet (or is it a Jfet?) does not have a part number and does not show which pins are source and drain.

Your input does not have an average DC voltage.

4. nepdeep

Thread Starter Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Hi ,
    could you please help me find out the Vout...it is a kind of current source...so what shoul i consider my output while calculating the transfer funciotn...can you may be please explain a little of how did you obtain Iout/ Vin
    Thanks in advance..

5. crutschow

Expert

Mar 14, 2008
    As determined by the type of MOSFET and its connections and that the op amp is powered, then the output current is determined by the amount of voltage across the unnamed-component-with-no-value that goes from the bottom of the MOSFET to ground.

So you need to write a transfer function that gives the voltage across that component (to determine its current) divided by the input voltage.

6. nepdeep

Thread Starter Member

Sep 14, 2011
  7. nepdeep

Thread Starter Member

Sep 14, 2011
  8. nkosinathizvimba

Aug 24, 2012
    Transfer functions are commonly used in the analysis of systems such as single-input single-output filters, typically within the fields of signal processing, communication theory, and control theory.