Traffic light with IC digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

toilamoc

Joined Apr 28, 2015
Hi All, My English not good. But i need to your help for my homework.
I'm design Traffic light with IC digital.
IC: 7447, 74192, 555, 4017.
Time to light:
Red: 30 seconds
Yellow: 05 seconds
Green: 25 seconds.
When i test it then i see a problem.
The runtime is not joint with my theory
See a picture .

Can you help me?
I need your help :)
This file protues. (ISIS)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/pq0qbmqvvs9n072/test.DSN

Thank you for reading. :)

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Can you export to a graphics file (.png or . Jpg)? First, I can't read Proteus files. Second, that web site is blocked. And third, it is a more universal way to view schematics.

MrCarlos

Joined Jan 2, 2010
Hi:
Well, I attached a picture of the circuit developed with ISIS Proteus simulator that presents toilamoc in His original message. (Test.png).
I rearranged devices comprising the design so you can see more clearly. (Test Rearranged.PNG and Test Rearranged.PDF).

Hello toilamoc:
In your design, attachment in your original message, gives this sequence:
When you start the simulation: R-05, G-30, Y-15.
But you want: . . . . . . . . . . . . R-30, G-25, Y-05.
So you have to redo the transition table.

You also have some things to improve in your design which do not affect the simulation.
There are PIN's in 7447 that are not connected. This could affect your design into reality.
Missing limiting resistors for each segment on each Display.
I attached you your design rearranged. Unpack from .ZIP

Attachments

toilamoc

Joined Apr 28, 2015
Can you export to a graphics file (.png or . Jpg)? First, I can't read Proteus files. Second, that web site is blocked. And third, it is a more universal way to view schematics.
Walk through your design process so that we can see what you did and how you did it.
Hi:
Well, I attached a picture of the circuit developed with ISIS Proteus simulator that presents toilamoc in His original message. (Test.png).
I rearranged devices comprising the design so you can see more clearly. (Test Rearranged.PNG and Test Rearranged.PDF).
. . . . . . . . . . . .
I attached you your design rearranged. Unpack from .ZIP
Thank MrCarlos for export file graphic and Rearranged this file.

Can you help me make it run true?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Thank MrCarlos for export file graphic and Rearranged this file.

Can you help me make it run true?
Can you walk through your design process so that we can see what you did and how you did it?

(Gee, sounds like there's an echo.. echo... echo....)

toilamoc

Joined Apr 28, 2015
Can you walk through your design process so that we can see what you did and how you did it?

(Gee, sounds like there's an echo.. echo... echo....)
i use IC 4017 to count for 3 mode of light traffic ( red - yellow-green) (Q0-Q1-Q2), Q3 connect to pin 15 of IC, when IC counter, it count to Q2 and back to Q0.
I make output of Q0,Q1,Q2 to input IC 74192, to set value for counting time. And IC7447 to show on Led.
In dozen, i need starting value is 0,2,3 . In units, i need starting value is 5 and 0.
From IC 4017, i use gate OR to make input 74192.
When i start the simulation, that was wrong time.

i think that pin clock in IC4017 and pin PL|(11) in 74192 was wrong.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
It sounds like your design is "a happening". You thought this might work and that might work and when it didn't work you tried to think of what might make it do something that might happen to work.

Now step back and DESIGN a system that will meet the specifications -- by DESIGN.

toilamoc

Joined Apr 28, 2015
It sounds like your design is "a happening". You thought this might work and that might work and when it didn't work you tried to think of what might make it do something that might happen to work.

Now step back and DESIGN a system that will meet the specifications -- by DESIGN.
I'm not work hard in this subject so i don't know what to do.i design it base on what i have learned.i have just 2 practice classes for this subject,in a next few day i have to finish my report so please tell me what to do?,read all the book and redesign it or whattt??

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Write down your specifications

You mentioned the Red light is supposed to be energized for 30 seconds, then the yellow light is energized for 5 seconds, and finally, the green light energized for 25 seconds.

You are using a total of 60 seconds for the whole cycle.

Is your timer designed properly ... what should it's output be? Think in terms of amplitude and frequency.

Then ... you have to decide on the other "blocks" of circuits ...

Are there any constraints on what you can use to "design" this project?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I'm not work hard in this subject
I believe you.

read all the book and redesign it or whattt??
Books exist to be read -- that might have been helpful.

There are a number of way to do this. Think about how you would do it if you were given a stopwatch and some switches that controlled the three lights. What are some of the ways that you might do things?

Can you make a 60-second counter? Forget about everything else, can you make a counter that goes from 00 to 59 and repeats? It doesn't have to display anything, it just needs to provide you a set of signals that goes, in binary, from 00 to 59 and then repeats.

toilamoc

Joined Apr 28, 2015
can you make a counter that goes from 00 to 59 and repeats?
I can do it.
I fixed design, It run right.
I have observed the input signal, and how it change. I see that ..... i don't know this word.
Eg: step 1 input is "0101" -> out "0101"
step 2 input is "0000"->out "0101"
step 3 input is "1010"-> out "0000".
Value input step 2 is output step 3. Value input step 3 is output step 1. .
It's right in Value Units and wrong in Value dozen.
Please , can you tell me why is it run like that?
I want to understand design.

View attachment done.zip
View attachment done_001.jpg

Attachments

MrCarlos

Joined Jan 2, 2010
Hello toilamoc

What kind of software You used for compressing the file enclose in the file done.zip in your message #12 ??

I can not open it.

MrCarlos

Joined Jan 2, 2010
Hello ABSF

Thanks for uploading the file done.zip.

Now I know what the problem is.
The extension to the "done.zip" attached by the OP in His message #12, it is not ZIP, but must be RAR.
I changed the extension and could open it.

Now I have to study the done.dsn OP file to answer some of what He asks.
I saw this new simulation file of Proteus ISIS (done.dsn) brings the four traffic lights of a crossroad.

ah toilamoc

Did you use a server so I can download it from there.
Now it is formatted to ZIP files.
I see you included the simulation file for Proteus Ver. 8
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.