tracking device

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by sasek, Mar 4, 2010.

1. sasek

Thread Starter Member

Jan 3, 2010
    i need advise about sensor i need to use, so i may know the where the device. i.e if i attach traking device at car so i may know where the car it is. i need advice what device i should use with the lowest cost

please help me............:)

2. kubeek

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 20, 2005
    What about GPS monitoring? What precision and coverage do you require? Do you need the position to be seen in real time?

3. sasek

Thread Starter Member

Jan 3, 2010
    it ok, but so costly. yes i want know the position but if i may know how far the device is also ok

4. kubeek

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 20, 2005
    Could you please answer the questions? Its pretty hard to react to an answer like that..

5. BMorse

Sep 26, 2009
    or you can check these devices out for making small discrete tracking device this will be the main component that you would need at a lower cost than most modules, and these are easier to implement into any uc based project...

I would go for this one with integrated antenna >> http://linxtechnologies.com/Products/RF-Modules/SR-Series-GPS-Receiver-Module/

>>>http://www.linxtechnologies.com/gpsintro/intro.html

You can also purchase them here >> http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=RXM-GPS-SR-B-ND

B. Morse

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  6. sasek

Thread Starter Member

Jan 3, 2010
    yes i want know the real position......

some said that if i used RF the range not wide....

then they suggest use gps module then sending the signal using gsm to get better range. but the challenge is i need used sim card to complete the data sending......

do someone have better idea....????

7. Externet

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 29, 2005
    The device in your car needs to now its location. That is called a GPS receiver; and it costs some money
    That device in your car needs to transmit that information to you. that is called a transmitter; and it costs some money
    You need a way to receive the information, usually a computer, which costs money.
    You need to have it permanently, it is called cellular telephone provider service, and costs some money.
    A device with all together exists, it is an active cellular telephone with SIM and GPS; costs some money, and can de secured hiding under the dasboard permanently powered by the car circuit.

Then you need to get WIMP ---> "Where Is My Phone?" program, that also may cost some money

Unless you want to tie a long string to the rear bumper , which will also cost some money, you can follow the string to find the car location.
    A tarot reader or crystal ball witch may tell you where is the car, but will also cost some money.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
    kubeek likes this.