Touch Sense Help

magnadyne

Joined Mar 4, 2008
Sorry in advance if this is not the correct place for this...

I have been wanting to make a touch switch panel. The problem is I am not a big electronics person. I understand it, but it is not my profession. In researching capacitive touch sensing it seems easy enough to develope, but I have many many questions that I figure some people on here would think is common sense.

Really at this point I am simply looking for help getting a schematic together. What chip, resistor, caps, etc do I use? Intead of reinventing the wheel would someone on here be willing to help me get this started?

I am looking to make simple 12v DC 8 channel switch board. Touch once to turn on, touch again to turn of. (Not sure if a PIC is going to be needed for this feature or not)

Thanks!

magnadyne

Joined Mar 4, 2008
The touch switch IC is what I have been looking into. However with that I find myself with more questions.
How do I make a constant switch out of that? (Touch one for on, touch again for off)
Since this uses a 5v input, how do power a 12v 30a relay?

Thanks for the help!

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
You will need to have the touch IC's drive some logic IC (CD4013?) that will toggle-on and toggle-off. Then have that drive a transistor that can switch your relay.

Ken