Touch operated switch

LDC3

Joined Apr 27, 2013
Thank u for the reply.
I may sound idiotic but just curious to know...what is the max V and I that can safely pass through human body? ;)
I don't know, but the higher the voltage, the lower the current. Of course, too low a voltage may give you a current that is not detectable.
Defibrillators give out a pulse of 200 Joules (or more).

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
what is the max V and I that can safely pass through human body?
Is that before death?

I've been to training classes where 30V is enough to induce 0.1 Amperes in a human body. [think moist body from salt spray]

I know a 900V 300 mA supply is capable of holding a 200 lb person on an energized circuit for five seconds before the person managed to extract themselves from the circuit.

There are plenty of studies published on the findings since the advent of electricity. Even Thomas A Edison demonstrated that you can kill an elephant from AC [a move to discredit Westinghouse and Telsa's AC system of power].

1 mA is perceptible. 0.1 A can be deadly.

So, in a direct answer to your question, only current travels through something, you would need to know the resistivity of the fool who allows you to connect a potential across them. The lowest resistivity would be via an open wound with the electrical path being the artery.

There probably isn't a kid who hasn't measured a 9V battery with their tongue. Not an accurate measure by any means, but a perceptible one.