Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5202 Amd C-50 1.00 ghz?

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
Hi guys; I was given this Laptop Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5202 Amd C-50 1.00 ghz 2Gb ram expendable to 4gb,
it has the screen display busted, someone let it fall on the floor and the keyboard doesn't work either, but i can make it work by connecting an external display an connect the keyboard to the usb as so the mouse, it has win7 and runns fair good,
my question how does a processor this low 1.00ghz can run better than my old p4 2.8ghz processor,
and is this worth it to get the the display and the keyboard?

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
How? Better design.

What to do? You could turn it into "thin client" type pc. Just set it up to run when lid is clossed. Slide it some place out of the way and use it as a desktop pc.

Example from my experience. I got old iBook G3. When you close the lid, it goes to sleep. Why? There is magnet+inductor system that when you close the lid, the magnet in the body activates inductor in the lid and that tells it to go to sleep. I was upgrading the hd on that thing so while I had all the guts open to me I took the magnet out. Now I close the lid and the thing stays on.

I doubt you need to do anything like that on a Windows machine, I think you can just setup for machine to do nothing when the lid is closed, it should be in the Power Options in the Control Panel.

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
How? Better design.

What to do? You could turn it into "thin client" type pc. Just set it up to run when lid is clossed. Slide it some place out of the way and use it as a desktop pc.

Example from my experience. I got old iBook G3. When you close the lid, it goes to sleep. Why? There is magnet+inductor system that when you close the lid, the magnet in the body activates inductor in the lid and that tells it to go to sleep. I was upgrading the hd on that thing so while I had all the guts open to me I took the magnet out. Now I close the lid and the thing stays on.

I doubt you need to do anything like that on a Windows machine, I think you can just setup for machine to do nothing when the lid is closed, it should be in the Power Options in the Control Panel.
Thanks shteii01; i had a Toshiba satellite in my scrap and took out the Keyboard but it did not fit by 1/2 an inch i broke the the ends where the screws bolts to the chassi and fited it there doing some engineering like using a soldering iron to cut plastic
How? Better design.

Thanks shteii01; i had a Toshiba satellite in my scrap and took out the Keyboard but it did not fit by 1/2 an inch i broke the the ends where the screws bolts to the chassis and fited it there doing some engineering like using a soldering iron to cut plastic and other inventions and voila i have a working keyboard,now i have a laptop amost full functioning exept the display i diconnected it from the mother board and use the same hd led tv display i use on my main desktop,see attach.

Attachments