Toshiba Portege r500 power button broken off..

brokenbutton

Joined Jan 30, 2014
Hello,
I am currently dealing with a rather bad problem; recently, my power button on my Toshiba Portege r500 laptop was getting loose, so I tried to fix it and it ended up becoming MUCH worse. It got stuck and with help it was removed, but now my laptop screen has become dim and I can almost barely see. The day before, the computer kept shutting down when I tried to switch it on, but today it stopped. I was shutting down my computer due to lag issues and now I can't seem to turn it on again (which I used to do by pressing where the button used to be with a pen or a small, sharp object). I think something accidentally came off, and on the laptop where it shows icons for the power and charging, I switched on the charging but the icon for it didn't show, only an orange cable icon shows. I now cannot start it up. I am really concerned; the dim screen problem at least had a solution but I'm not sure if I can start up my laptop again. Are there any alternate ways to start it up? I am not currently focusing on the dim screen issue, but this entire post in a summary is just that I want to start my laptop up without using the power button. Is there any possible way?
Thanks,
brokenbutton

brokenbutton

Joined Jan 30, 2014
Alright guys, thank you so much! Currently I cannot post pictures but I am just relieved that there is a solution to the problem. I will contact someone for fixing; again, thank you!