Toshiba M35 DMI strings

Consulo

Joined Jul 8, 2004
Hello everyone,

I am an owner of a 3 month old Toshiba notebook wich burned out, then had to wait 2 months to have it fixed, (top service from toshiba no?) now I formated the damn thing with its recovery disk but it wont take it, I get "Wrong Machine" message.

From differnent newsgroups I have been told its the DMI strings and that only Toshiba could do it.

I wish I can avoid this if possible since I have been arguing with the Toshiba team in Cyprus for all their incompetence, I really do not want to go back to them.

Can somebody help me out?

Isidoros

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Generally with problems like this, the designers design products so that only they can correct it. Its not a case of knowing what to do, more having the facilities to do so.

So I think you may be lumbered with taking it back to Toshiba.

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
hi

don't they have a repair guarantee? if they don't, report it direct to TOSHIBA. that's a sloppy repair for an authorized outlet. :angry: :angry: :wacko: <_<

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
I'm not sure what part of the world you are from, but is the product not covered by a 12 month warranty. In Britain every product you purchase is covered by a mandadtory 12 month warranty for faults and product deficiencies. Along with your warranty you have T&Cs which outline what the company has to do is a fault occurs within this time span. These T&Cs should cover product service.