Tonight's Libation

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Been there... love that :);)

Hope you had a good time in my home country, my friend. Cheers!
We always have a great time in Mexico, though we have seen so little on these trips as we dash thru Cancun to get to Isla Mujeres. This was our third trip there staying at the Marina Paraiso Hotel. Previously we rented the houses Casa Chilita and Casa Roca Carib. Next summer we already reserved Villa La Bella.

Staying at a hotel has the obvious advantage of always having someone there to pamper you, but I do miss going to Chedraui to stock up on things to cook.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Why do you feel that way? In case you're referring to recent mis-announcements, that will only cement existing hardcore supporters. Since it was discovered that particular announcement was political in nature and had NOTHING to do with the subject at hand, it's a wash. If you believe in science, projections still have the Democrat candidate well in front.

Even if the Republican to win...

Either case, no wall.
Mexico will refuse it pay for it so it won't be Donny's fault that it won't get built.

The only reason Mexico would pay for it is so they can keep Donny out.

Last edited:

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
This is probably going to offend Joey's delicate and demanding palate... but what the heck... the important thing is that I enjoy it, right?

447d7c82-1c02-4765-b168-b719d31fd728.jpg

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I'm not waiting until tonight for a libation. I'm starting in 15 minutes. I'm hoping to stay in an alcohol-infused state until 10 or 11 pm in Tuesday. I can't get away from the election talk - I came home last night and had messages on the answering machine, fliers on my mailbox, in my mailbox and on my front door. Watching ESPN, they talk about it, flipping through channels - kids show has political commercials.

Down to 11 minutes...

I hope I don't run out before Tuesday night!

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
OK I will agree that some like Nitrogen effervesced beers but I find them exceedingly flat compared to Carbonated style, I brew my own and use the old (original) way of carbonating, Naturally in the bottle.
Max.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Most Home brewers can reproduce a decent Guinness like stout, just without the Nitro.;)
Max.
But it's NOT Guinness!:D
Nitrogen-charged beers contain "finishing additives" (surfactants) that prevent the head from collapsing. The bubbles in carbonated water take a considerable time to dissipate because the equilibrium of carbon dioxide + water = carbonic acid. And the temperature dependence on solubility of CO2 (and the temp dependence of disrupting that eualibrium as the beer slowly warms if served cold).

Nitrogen charged beers would be flat in a few seconds without the nitrogen finishing additives if served warm. The temp dependence of the nitrogen solubility is much less than carbon dioxide because there is no chemical equilibrium and the overall solubility is much less with nitrogen than carbon dioxide.

In summary, the beer of Guinness tastes flat with a fake fluffy head. I'm not a fan.