To TerryH

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
You left me a PM, but do not have PM turned on for your profile or have an email link, making contact with you impossible.

My policy is the same as Sgt. Wookies, I suspect it is the same for all the experienced folks at this site:

If you have a question, please start a thread/topic. I do not provide gratis assistance via PM nor E-mail, as that would violate the intent of this Board, which is sharing knowledge ... and deprives you of other knowledgeable input.
Since this is not PM, I'll address your question here,

Hi Bill,
I am attempting to wire (8) 7 color LED's in parallel. Powered by 2 AA batteries (3V) these LED's have 3 legs which is a trigger or mode switcher when wired through a switch.
When intially powered up they sequence through all 7 colors 2 times fast, and 2 times slow, then they go off. pressing the mode swithch I can sequence through all colors and off states in between. Once I get to mode 14 they are supposed to change colors and blink continiously. They start out doing this but after about a minute they switch to red only flashing. I am using a 680 ohm resistor, is this too much resistance? any suggestions on improving my desired mode of operation. Optionally I would likethem to change colors and flash rapidly like they do on the start up. Thanks Terry
I'll be addressing this one in my rewrite of LEDs, 555s, Flashers, and Light Chasers which I am doing on the forum edition.

One problem you will have is most blue LEDs require at least 3.6V, so your battery voltage is just too low to work. I have some examples on how to use blue LEDs with such low battery voltages.

Bill's Index

The 555 Projects

CMOS 555 Long Duration Blue LED Flasher

If you can't wait for my ideas to come out you can refer to this thread.

Need help getting 256 colors out of a LED

Do not post on the above thread, this is called hijacking and is considered bad form netiquette wise, to the point a moderator will likely peel your post off and start a new thread for you. Any thread started by you is yours and yours alone.