To see the view of Taiwan from sky, it's beautiful.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
We visited Toroku Gorge and it was truly spectacular and beautiful.
Those two places are a little far from Taipei, so I didn't go there often, most of time that I can see is from the video of internet.

The below website including a lots of beautiful pictures around whole Taiwan and some other countries, it was created by a very famous photographer in Taiwan.

The nature color - Chinese Version.

The translation from Chinese to English by google.

All the pictures has copyrights, personal use is free.

Last edited:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I was definitely fortunate in that I was in Taiwan for nearly three weeks and it was our honeymoon, so we made a point of traveling around the country and seeing lots of things so that we could spend a lot of time with each other, which we hadn't gotten to do much since we first met and we knew we wouldn't get to see each other again for perhaps another year.

We actually did two trips. The first one was a short trip around the area north of Taipei, then we came back to Teipei and had the wedding pictures taken -- which was an experience in and of itself, but which resulting in wedding albums that are quite impressive and well worth it. Then we did the long trip around the island south of Taipei.

One place I didn't get to was Taipei 101. But we stayed in a hotel that had a direct view of it on New Year's eve and so got a pretty good view of the fireworks.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
The first one was a short trip around the area north of Taipei, then we came back to Teipei and had the wedding pictures taken -- which was an experience in and of itself, but which resulting in wedding albums that are quite impressive and well worth it.
Almost every time I was in Taipei over the weekend, there were weddings at the CKS memorial.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Were they actual weddings, or just wedding photos being taken?

When my fiance mentioned that she wanted to have wedding photos taken in Taiwan I was not really in favor because, in my experience, wedding photos were taken at a wedding and we had been married by proxy via a judge a couple weeks before I went over and our plans were to have a nice wedding ceremony at some point in the future, but not while we were in Taiwan due to not wanting to invest the time to do the planning at that point. So my feeling was to just wait and have the wedding pictures taken at the ceremony later on.

At first I thought she had agreed but then a bit later she started talking about having the wedding pictures taken in Taiwan during our honeymoon again. At this point, I figured that discretion was the better part of valor and that this was obviously something that was important to her and was NOT a hill that I was willing to die on, so I just shrugged my shoulders and went along.

Well, it turns out that one of the big cottage industries in Taiwan is wedding albums and people fly there from all over the world to have their wedding albums made. And it is worth every penny! We spent an entire day (about twelve hours) going to different sites scattered throughout the Taipei area (including some rural areas) and had several changes of clothes (she had about six different dresses and I had about four outfits) and they put together two wonderful albums, plus an additional small one that included her mother and her (now our) daughter. One of the places we could have gone, but chose not to, was the CKS memorial. At most places we went there were other couples having photographs taken -- we even struck up a casual friendship with a couple after we ran into each other at three consecutive sites. And the cost was a fraction of what other people I know here paid for their wedding photography and the results were heads and shoulders above them. They even managed to make me look almost good in a few shots!

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
Scott,
I spent a week in Taipei last year. Mostly work. I was amazed how easy it is for an American to survive in a foreign country. Everything is labelled in English. It was also cool that my hosts were very proud of their country and insisted on showing me something interesting every night.

I have been to many tall buildings around the world but Taipei 101 is really nice. The anti-earthquake protection system in full display is great.

I can't wait to go back for a pleasure trip.

We visited the 101 about three years ago...amazing building...especially the elevators that reach something like 35 mph!
All the other buildings in the area have amazing neon animation on them...

Eric