To calculate Resolution between two sets of data versus time

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by rvb53, May 30, 2008.

1. rvb53

Thread Starter Member

Apr 21, 2008
    hi everyone,
    I have a homework, which has two sets of data i.e voltage and current values versus time division.I need help regarding how to calculate resolution between two sets of data ?.............pls help me....:confused:

2. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    Use the time of crossing the zero volt level. That will align the data sets if the frequency is the same.

3. rvb53

Thread Starter Member

Apr 21, 2008
    hi beenthere,
    thanx for ur reply. In the two data sets the frequency is same always i.e 60Hz.....
    now can u explain me clear what did u mean by time of crossing zero volt level....

4. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    It is somewhat easier if both of us use standard English...

In order to establish a corespondence between two data sets, some common element must be identified. The time both sets cross the zero volt level is pretty common to use for that purpose. It lets you see things like relative phase shift and so on. You can just overlay the two set for comparison.

5. rvb53

Thread Starter Member

Apr 21, 2008
    hi beenthere,
    thanx once again.
    now I have two sets of data, one of them is input voltage and another one is input current.I calculated the phase shift between them interms of degrees.Input voltage was leading the input current i.e indicating that it is a inductive circiut.
    Now as U said I shall overlay the two sets and find the zero crossing then the phase is zero at that point and how much will be my resolution between the data sets?
    I want clear definition of resolution between data sets??????......pls do help me...