TLC555 2 Led Flasher issue

ShockBoy

Joined Oct 27, 2009
Sgt. Thank you. That solved the problem of the 2 to 1 blink ratio,( Awesome!!) and had to put the 100uF back in so as to blink at one on/off per second or so. Got the 100k at R2 and the 10k at R1. LED 1 is still continuously on. I might have to live with that one Huh..?

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Sgt. Thank you. That solved the problem of the 2 to 1 blink ratio,( Awesome!!) and had to put the 100uF back in so as to blink at one on/off per second or so.
You could put the 10uF back in, keep R1 at 10k and change R2 to 100k.
You would then have a ratio of 11/10 on to off time; you would be hard-pressed to decide that it was not exactly 50/50.
If you wanted even closer to 1 second and a better ratio, change R1 to 6.8k and R2 to 140k.

Got the 100k at R2 and the 10k at R1. LED 1 is still continuously on. I might have to live with that one Huh..?
It depends - did you try my schematic yet?
(I'm starting to feel like a broken record here... :rolleyes:)

[eta]
Just to make it a bit easier on you, I've re-drawn my schematic a bit so that it looks a tad more like the other one you found. I placed the 555 timer with pins 1-4 facing down, as that makes it easier to draw the schematic.

Attachments

Last edited:

ShockBoy

Joined Oct 27, 2009
I'll post a pic of my breadboard tomorrow so you can see what's going on. Thank You So Much. Trying to learn without any teachers sometimes sucks. (Sorry, I'm new to this, but LOVE it. And I like the sound of record's..:))