TL1150 series tactical switch

Panicit

Joined Oct 26, 2012
I'm wondering if the TL1150 series tactical switch can work for a logitech m325 mouse button? Sorry for the really newbie and broad question

Last edited:

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
If it fits physically, it should work. Tact switches run in several different sizes, form factors, number of pins etc. Of interest if the one to replace is a 4 pin unit, the pins are connected internally in pairs. Frequently this connection is used in the circuit to 'jump over' other traces on the board. The E_Switch catalog has all of the info you should need.

Electrically, any of them should work fine as far as contact ratings etc. Note actuation force. The higher force models will be a bit stiff for a mouse, I should think.

Panicit

Joined Oct 26, 2012
Ok let me explain what I am trying to do and get your opinion on it. So I'm making a glove mouse. I took apart the mouse and took of the buttons for the mouse and I'm tying to find a button I could use to put on the fingertips of the glove. What do you recommend.

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
Sure. If you are incorporating into something other than the original PCB, have at it. Pretty much any momentary, normally open switch like the TACTs (as in tactile i.e. click feedback) will work. You probably will care about the force rating, a lighter force will be more 'natural' feeling at the expensive feeling at the expense of possibly being too sensitive. A switch with more force will require more of a firm touch.

Electrically, pretty much anything will work. The mouse will expect an SPST (single electrical closure when pushed) so solder wires to the switch and run them to the mouse PCB. If you chose a TACT switch with 4 contacts, keep in mind that they pairs of common contacts for one switch. Depending on the glove thickness, you might want one with an extended actuator button or have lighted fingertips with the TL1265. Finally, Eswitch has always been pretty generous with samples.

Have fun and don't forget to post your completed project in the forum.

Last edited: