TL084 Can work with single supply?

cokolakare

Joined Mar 17, 2010
Hi all..

Now, I'm making an amplifier for strain gauge using 5 voltage single supply with TL084 but it's not work very well. when I simulate it on multisim. it's work well but after I made the circuit in hole PCB, it didn't work well.

Can TL084 work in single supply? or is there any link about amplifier which is using single supply with TL 084?

Thanks a lot for your help.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
The LM324 is perhaps not the best option. Can you post your schematic. It will help us to guide you better. Can you order components from one of the major shops/stores?

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
The TL08x and TL07x opamps must have their inputs at least 3V above the negative supply voltage or their outputs suddenly go high. Their minimum total supply is 7V.

MC3317x and MC3407x opamps work the same as an old LM324 but are much better. They do not have the high crossover distortion of the LM324 and have much higher bandwidths. Their minimum supply is also 3V.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
For a strain gauge, you really should be using an instrumentation amplifier.

Trying to build your own instrumentation amplifier using several opamps can be frustrating at best.

Please read through at least the first several pages of this very helpful Application Note:
http://www.intersilsemi.com/data/an/an1298.pdf

I suggest that you save a copy of it on your computer. It may take several read-through's before it starts making sense to you.

cokolakare

Joined Mar 17, 2010
Hi all thank for your response,

Here I attach my amplifier circuit.
I'm waitting for your input from all of you. because it's work well in multisim. but it don't work on the pcb.

Or is there any suggestion for making amplifier for strain gages?

I'll use the supply 5 volt, and the input voltage is less than 3 mVolt.

Thank you for your kind helpness

Attachments

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
I wish you turned off the dots that are all over your schematic.
There are many usless and extra parts. Why are there so many adjustments?
The 5V supply is too low for a TL084 that has a minimum supply of 7V.