Tiny Impedance Matching Trans HELP!

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Strānj, May 16, 2010.

1. Strānj

Thread Starter New Member

May 16, 2010
    Hi there guys/gals?, I'd first like to introduce myself!

I'm Alex Level, from Santiago de los Caballeros de Mérida (The Andes Mountains), Venezuela. I'm really really new to electronics and I have a male vocal band and I love to use pedals and such in the group. I also collect Boomboxes (the old ones, no eggs please!) and study Industrial Design.

Among the equipment I have is a Boss RC-2 Loop Pedal. As you know, it's input is a 1/4" Mono Plug (intended for instruments only, I guess).

So, I also bought one of these neat little adaptors that turns 1/4" mono to XLR (the ones that have the little tiny impedance matching transformer inside the long cilinder separating the mono plug and the XLR connector). Something almost exactly like this one here: [​IMG]
    But mine has a little bit of cable in between the Mono Plug and the XLR.

I'm presently doing this mod to my RC-2, where I'm putting the IMT directly in the pedal itself along with an Neutrik XLR instead of the original 1/4" mono input.

I have a problem! While taking the IMT out of that cylinder, one of it's 5 little colored wires got unsoldered and I DON'T KNOW where it should go now! HELLLP! Where should it go to? I can't see where it went, I've looked but no luck.

Here I have some pictures to see if any of you can tell me where it should go soldered again.

Thanks so much for your time you guys,

2. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Welcome aboard, hope you like it here.

You get major plus points for being informative. Your English is also excellent. I suspect there are lot of folks more knowledgeable that I am about some of that hardware. You are looking at a TRS plug, AKA subminiature jack. Wikipedia has a pretty good article on them.