tinned sardines

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
WHAT?

I lived off of those (w)retched things for 2 years ;)

The ramen revolution finally came about to cleanse my palate. ;)

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
For new experiences try kippered herring and head cheese. Pickled pigs feet are also delicious. John
I just puked a little in my mouth.

15 years or so ago, I frequented a particular watering hole here in Baltimore. On the bar, next to the bar-top video game system, were 3 jars.

Pickled Pigs Feet, Pickled Onions, and Pickled Eggs.

They were from the late 70's. (Or so it was told)

There was one patron that would eat these things.

I have seen him eat the onions regularly.

One particular Sunday, after having a few too many myself, Big John decided to much down on a pigs foot.

The popping sounds and the squeeks of his teeth scraping along the knuckle cartilage did it for me.

Forget the game...Ill get the score tomorrow. ;)

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
On another note the last US sardine cannery closed its doors last month after 100+ years in business. They said the reason was US just doesn't have a taste for Sardines like europe and asia. I used to go fishing almost everyday and we always had an old greek couple that would come every morning and catch greenbacks or sardines. They loved em and ate em everyday. Said we had some of the best sardines in the world here and no one eats em.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
With the new push to get away from lead products, I figured 'tinned' sardines would be axed pretty soon.

Perhaps a Eutectic Tuna salad? Anyone?

:)

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
With the new push to get away from lead products, I figured 'tinned' sardines would be axed pretty soon.

Perhaps a Eutectic Tuna salad? Anyone?

:)
The "tinned" fish (sardines and herring) I get are packed in anodized aluminum. Tuna are still in "tin" cans. Pigs feet are, of course, still in glass (Hormel).

John