timer

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by danabr87, Feb 6, 2014.

1. danabr87

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Hi!!
    Im trying to make a Wild life timer to know when animals are going to feed!
    My idea was to use a tilt switch,that when the animals touch it,it will stop a clock,and the clock show th e feeding time!!
    Any ideas how can i do that??

Best regards

2. Seddie777

Jan 28, 2014
    Are there any other detail to the circuit? For example, what kind of animals will these be? You may have issues depending on the animal; its weight, size, weight distribution. Are you looking to also build the clock yourself? A simple 1 sec counter is a fairly simple circuit but getting this to translate to a digital display clock can prove difficult. Are you looking to simply stop the display at the time of feeding or are you looking to dump all the times the circuit was triggered to something external, like a computer. All these can greatly impact how you will build the circuit. Especially the clock design as that will be the deciding factor as to whether or not this will be strictly analogue, strictly digital, or a combination of the two.

3. danabr87

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 18, 2012
    The timer is for wildboar!you know i want to make a device that i can put in the food and when the animal start to feed it touchs it and records the time it as feeding!!
    It looks similar to this:
    http://www.jahimees.ee/en/home/203--7-memory.html
    I doint know ir you are understanding what im looking for....

4. Brownout

Jan 10, 2012
    A tilt switch might work. You'll need some mechanical acumen to make the feeder tilt, but just enough to activate the switch. An accelerometer would also work. If you're slick, you can use a micro switch under the feeder. I imagine a wild boar would jolt a feeder when feeding.