Timer Relays and Valves

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I have been in contact with the supplier of the valves and received this reply -
Hello,
The valve do not need to provide power for all the time, you just need to provide it once they full open or full closed(3~4 sec)
Best Regards
Jimmy

Can you make sense out of that relay? I am not the best at Chinglish

Chinglish can be a fun and exciting language. Unfortunately at my age learning it just isn't in the plan. Been looking at something interesting though. In the small block diagrams of these valves they clearly show the motor and above the motor they show that block that is called control circuit. Since you have a few of these things here is what I suggest if you have a handy little DMM (meter). Use a 12 VDC supply and power a valve and in series with the valve measure the current. Once the valve reaches full travel in either direction see if the current stops? Just power the valve through the Yellow and Blue wires with a DMM in series with the load. If the current stops on full travel in either direction that tells us the thing does have and use limit switches not shown in the cartoons up to date and must be part of that control circuit block. That would make sense anyway. Like I said, when this stuff has data sheets they can be a puzzle to decipher. When they lack a data sheet it's anyone's guess. :)

Ron

Crazywizard

Joined Jan 21, 2015
Chinglish can be a fun and exciting language. Unfortunately at my age learning it just isn't in the plan. Been looking at something interesting though. In the small block diagrams of these valves they clearly show the motor and above the motor they show that block that is called control circuit. Since you have a few of these things here is what I suggest if you have a handy little DMM (meter). Use a 12 VDC supply and power a valve and in series with the valve measure the current. Once the valve reaches full travel in either direction see if the current stops? Just power the valve through the Yellow and Blue wires with a DMM in series with the load. If the current stops on full travel in either direction that tells us the thing does have and use limit switches not shown in the cartoons up to date and must be part of that control circuit block. That would make sense anyway. Like I said, when this stuff has data sheets they can be a puzzle to decipher. When they lack a data sheet it's anyone's guess. :)

Ron
OK, the results are in. No limit switch to be found. DMM showed just over 50mA when operating however as soon as it reached the fully open/closed position the multimeter pegged out past 200mA and stayed there. Also as soon as power is stopped the ball does move back slightly to the correct position, so it appears to reach an actual stop position I guess so it doesn't
go round and round. I will connect up the LEDs but I doubt that will make any difference.

Many thanks,

Les

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Well so much for Chinglish I guess. That would have been sweet. Might want to figure out if the limit switches are N/O or N/C next? The current behavior you saw is what would be expected. Motor runs along happy right till a locked rotor stall and the current shoots way, way up.

Ron