Timer circuit

Iamglozekmiles

Joined Aug 3, 2015
I want to build a circuit that would send signal at the following time intervals, 8:00A.M, 1:00P.M, 2:00P.M, and 5:00P.M only to switct a 12VD.C relay. Please I need help with the circuit diagram.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
That is going to be hard to accomplish without using a clock as a starting point. This is even more true if the times to tuen on and off may change.

One of the easiest ways to build a custom clock (with a display and some buttons for setings) is to start with some sort of micro controller (or small computer). Is this something you would feel you could do?

The only other alternatice I see is connecting together several timer clocks where each one is set for what time you want it on or off.

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
Is 12 VDC the requirement for the relay coil, or is that the circuit voltage you want to switch through the contacts?

ak

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Do they have a Harbor Freight in Nigeria?
probably not, but since that thing is made in China, it might be marketed there. It has eight different programs, each with its own on time and off time, any day of the week. These are really handy. It has a replaceable battery to preserve the timing and program even if the AC power goes off.