Timeline of the far future...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by cmartinez, Dec 29, 2014.

1. cmartinez

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Jan 17, 2007
    Here's an article I think most people in this forum might enjoy, it's an interesting exponential graph making speculative predictions about our (and the universe's) future

2. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    As much as it was a nice read, how does it compare with ancient prophet's and their futuristic insights?

Of course we forgave the ancient seers as they didn't "have" today's technology at their disposal. I'm sure the future will view our prophesies in the same vein. Those poor old seers in the 21st century didn't have the technology that we have today! That cycle never ends.

killivolt likes this.
  3. cmartinez

Jan 17, 2007
    It's funny you should ask that... I've got the perfect article for you to reflect on that...

killivolt likes this.
  4. cmartinez

Jan 17, 2007
    You know what the funniest part of the article is for me?

This statement:
    'He also foresaw extreme inter-generational inequality, wondering "how will youths of 20 be able to compete in the professions or business against vigorous men still in their prime at 120, with a century of experience on which to draw"?'

5. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    lol ... how would sixty year olds compete?

Where is Nostradamus when you need him. Or the oracle at Delphi ... of course today they would be looking for the company Oracle.

killivolt and cmartinez like this.
  6. tcmtech

Nov 4, 2013
    The same way they do now. Start at the bottom and work their way up. Those that show the skill and aptitude to to learn quickly will rise quickly.

7. cmartinez

Jan 17, 2007
    Yeah... and possibly stay at the top 'till they turn 120 ... or start showing signs of dementia ... ha ha ha...

8. killivolt

Jan 10, 2010
    I'm sure 2001 space odyssey was likely written based on such a graph. Where are we now ?

Not even close; nor are we any further at understanding the Universe? But the future looks so bright I gotta wear shades :cool:

Happy New Years Day!

kv

cmartinez likes this.
  9. cmartinez

Jan 17, 2007
    Right... it's almost 2015... where's my flying car, Marty McFly ???

killivolt likes this.
  10. killivolt

Jan 10, 2010
    I think it's "Doctor Who" ???

[​IMG]

kv:rolleyes:

11. cmartinez

Jan 17, 2007
    On a second thought... I'll settle for a hoverboard...

12. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    From "Back to the Future"

Given an infinite number of "predictions" and an infinite amount of years ... something is bound to be correct.

And those that weren't predicted ... we can quote "Neil Armstrong" at the Congressional Hearing on the Apollo 1 fire ... "we had a failure of the imagination."

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  13. killivolt

Jan 10, 2010
    I think the Stock Exchange profit and loss history reports over the last 70 years. After that just purchase low and sell high. Hm, I think first off the Microsoft and Apple Stock.

Then your on the road to designing and building the hover board; of course with the help of your own flying DeLorean DMC-12 time machine.

kv:rolleyes:

Edit: Oh, wait it fly's; we don't need...roads.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
    cmartinez likes this.