Timed LED circuit for artwork.

doitmyself

Joined Aug 7, 2011
Would REALLY appreciate some help! Here is what I'm trying to do... I have a several flameless candles around the house with timers in them. (Once switched to timer, the candle comes on for five hours then off until the same time the next day). Trying to add some LEDs to my artwork with the same idea? I have a string of 10 with a battery pack that I can modify OR starting from scratch is eventually what I would like to do. Plan on using them a lot ( not spending a lot). Thanks so much for any help =)

iONic

Joined Nov 16, 2007
Would REALLY appreciate some help! Here is what I'm trying to do... I have a several flameless candles around the house with timers in them. (Once switched to timer, the candle comes on for five hours then off until the same time the next day). Trying to add some LEDs to my artwork with the same idea? I have a string of 10 with a battery pack that I can modify OR starting from scratch is eventually what I would like to do. Plan on using them a lot ( not spending a lot). Thanks so much for any help =)
Hacking one of the flame-less candles to do exactly what you want seams like the cheapest option. You could use the output (the LED) of the flame-less circuit to bias a transistor which would in turn be the timed on-off switch for your 10 LED string. A separate power source and current limiting resistor(s) would also be needed.