Time to join, time to go.

NetDoc

Joined Jan 6, 2014
It's hard to fully understand what's going on behind the screens. I know I've had my moments and am glad to put them behind me. If you write a post or email in anger, wait 24 hours before you hit send. If it's really, really important and you simply just have to get it off of your chest, then wait 48.

People come and go on forums depending on lots of vectors. Sometimes we just lose interest. I'm going through an electronics phase, but I have been a member of many different forums including woodworking, a boating and even a Sprinter forum. I check in every now and then, but I just don't have the needs or interest I once have.

My hat is off to the moderators of any site, especially those that can keep their sense of humor when members don't understand them. We may not like or understand the rules, but thank you for enforcing them. Me? I had no idea that there were transformerless power supplies out there. I don't know if they have a place on my bench or not, but I can see that you respect the fact that they pose certain dangers.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Me? I had no idea that there were transformerless power supplies out there. I don't know if they have a place on my bench or not, but I can see that you respect the fact that they pose certain dangers.
What many hobbyist tend to forget is that any commercial product that are connected to the mains. Must have some sort of approval. If not they are not legal to sell. This will insure that they are safe to use and needed protective measures are taken. A project done by you on our workbench will not have such approval, and might be potential hazardous. I know for a fact that hobbyist solutions to say light dimmers and drying cabinets. Have caused fire or smoke development many times. These things tend to happen then people are asleep. And the outcome is very often deadly

tvtech

Joined Mar 18, 2012
Oh well, I am still here in spite of stuff..Take it on the chin is better than to run off like a girl :D

Regards,
tvtech

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
Oh well, I am still here in spite of stuff..Take it on the chin is better than to run off like a girl :D

Regards,
tvtech
No reason to be unhappy or to pi$$ everyone else off, just come here be your good old self and have fun.....
We all have problems and my life is full of them ( Trust Me ) But I come here with a open mind and try to help when I can or learn something ...

tvtech

Joined Mar 18, 2012
No reason to be unhappy or to pi$$ everyone else off, just come here be your good old self and have fun.....
We all have problems and my life is full of them ( Trust Me ) But I come here with a open mind and try to help when I can or learn something ...
Thanks Dr

Regards,
tvtech

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Hi Matt

Last year around October a spider decided to bite me on my face while I was sleeping. Came out with big red bumps all over my face.

Went to a local Doctor here who took one look at me and gave me medicine.

That helped the pain. But I am not the same as I was.

I can hardly walk anymore
I cannot even balance properly
My hearing has gone to the dogs

And I have become a bitter son of a bitch. Sorry for taking it out on you Guys. You don't deserve it.

I unconditionally apologize for my behaviour here.

Thank you Matt for caring.

Regards,
tvtech

I am truly sorry to hear that tvtech. I sincerely hope things get better for you, and that everything heals up okay. Please feel free to stick around, but try to be careful about what ends up on the forum, ok? ;)

Keep me posted.
Matt

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
tvtech,

Why are some topics banned? Could be various reasons, but I'm sure safety is paramount. There is nothing preventing you from answering any banned topic, just take it off forum. You know, email or message the person.

People wonder why advice isn't dispensed on automotive lighting? I highly doubt some have read the "requirements" set forth by the u.s. government or the individual states that have requirements. Then you have the problem of this being a world-wide resource. Why would anyone dispense advice without knowing the requirements of the local jurisdiction? I don't have the time to research all the requirements in the U.S. and certainly don't have the time to worry about anywhere else in the world.

Price has always been the driving force for people to "DIY". Testing to ensure compliance has always contributed to the "price".

Sure, there are plenty of commonality between standards and regulations.

Even though the members write themselves, who do you think will be mentioned if someone questioned where they got the advice? AAC of course. No one will immediately say "tvtech" gave the advice. Besides, who is tvtech?

Stay or leave, that has always been a personal choice that we all make every day.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Welcome back.

I consider myself one of the old farts here. Someone has to use up the old stuff (components).

"Yessir, I remember when ampifiers used transistors"