Time Multiplexing and 555 timers

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by SunSatION, Sep 1, 2008.

1. SunSatION

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Hello,

First of all, thanks for all info supplied through the forum and site.

Secondly, here's my problem :p, well it's not a problem, it's more looking for some advice. I'm trying to create a simple time multiplexing circuit. I've added the schematics here : [​IMG]
    The 10K, 5K, 2K should be potentiometers. Basically, it's some kind of ADC converter, and the output is driven by the decade counter. Do you think such circuit will work?

Thanks,
    SunSatION

2. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

It can work. The resolution at the output is dependent on the clock-signal of you multiplexer.
    Did you already think about a decoder/demultiplexer?

Greetings,
    Bertus

3. SunSatION

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Every pulse into RxD ( Pin 2 ) means a change in channel. After a pulse in RxD, the first change in state of DSR ( Pin 6 ) is ignored, the mark period is detected for the next pulses until pulse in RxD.

4. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

As i understand you want to decode the signal by software.
    Keep the delay of the counter and the and-gates in mind.(it may be only nano or microseconds, but can cause a pulse to miss).

Greetings,
    Bertus

5. AlexR

Jan 16, 2008
    I don't really understand what you are trying to do but to prevent output data changing during a sampling period, you will need to have the outputs of the signal 555s going to some sort of data latch.
    As an example put D-type flip-flop between each 555 output and the AND gate with the flip-flop clock coming from the multiplexing clock.