Tilt Switch

Lionbait

Joined Feb 11, 2012
Hi

I am a novice and this might seem simple, it would be great to have help design a circuit and help with the components.
I would appreciate any help I can get, with this project, I am trying to energize a 12vdc relay, using a tilt switch as the controlling switch.

The idea is to light several leds and a tilt switch is an important requirement.

Accept my thanks in advance.

Thanks

Lionbait

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Put the tilt switch in series with the coil of the transformer. Use the contacts of the relay to supply power to the LEDs.

That's all I can do based on "several" LEDs of unknown voltage and current requirements.
More information will get more answers.

Lionbait

Joined Feb 11, 2012

Many thanks for taking time to place a reply, the package that the leds came in reads: 36 led , 500 Lumens 345 mA at 12.6 Volts, does this help.

Thank you

Lionbait

Joined Feb 11, 2012
Hi Tubeguy

What would be ideal is that when the tilt switch is activated that it will hold in the relay until such times that the tilt switch is not activated, the the relay will fall out and the leds will go out.

Thank you for yout input

Joined Nov 30, 2010
That looks like a prefabricated lamp that uses 345 ma at 12.6 volts. Use the relay contacts to connect +12.6 volts to the positive terminal of the lamp and connect the other end of the lamp wiring to ground or "-" of the 12.6 volts.