Thyristors not latching?

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
3) How would I modify the circuit so that the LED's sequentially latch ON only, and then all shut off before repeating the cycle?
The first circuit has 7 LEDs, with all of them off for one clock cycle.
The second circuit turns on another LED (D8) during the off time.

I'm assuming you have already rejected the one-LED-at-a-time 4017 sequencer. This would extend your battery life by a factor of about 4.

Attachments

ImWolf

Joined May 26, 2013
Thanks for posting those modified circuits Ron.... I sampled the first one in Proteus and it runs as described. Keep getting errors with the second one though.... haven't had much time to play with it recently.

And yes, for this lighting effect I don't want the one at a time LED chaser.

ImWolf

Joined May 26, 2013
Hey Ron,

I wasn't able to figure out why I kept getting errors in Proteus with your second design. I did get it to run but not until I wired it per your original design with the Q7 output going through an inverter and then to one of the serial inputs, and with the reset pin connected to Vcc.

Kind of a funky light show..... don't think I'll use it..... but thanks just the same..... :b

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Nice of you to give all the credit to Ron. Read your posts and see who gave you the circuit design. What happened to the credits to Allen (absf) and me?

ImWolf

Joined May 26, 2013
Wow...... didn't mean to hurt your feelers there Chips....

When I posted my first video on a build of this project I did thank AAC and you (and others) by name along the way, but that was about 2 months ago.... (about the last time you posted anything here). Since then, Ron has been the only member chatting with me about different designs and problems...

I don't think I experimented with your circuit and went with other suggestions instead, but thanks just the same! :b

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Back on May 28th, on post #18 I told you you were using the wrong approach but you insisted in struggling along with your design. So I left you to it. I do not flog dead horses.