thyristor control dc drive

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by surinder, Aug 16, 2011.

1. surinder

surinder Thread Starter New Member

I want to make a three phase analogue thyristor control dc drive. So pl. help if there is any circuit for this drive.
    Thanks. surinder
  2. praondevou

praondevou Well-Known Member

Provide as much information as possible please.

What DC control voltage do you have available? Can you use triacs or does it have to be thyristors? What load do you want to switch (power)? What's the 3-phase voltage (country)?
  3. surinder

surinder Thread Starter New Member

Dear Sir,
    I am located in India and supply voltage is 3 phase 440v here. I want to make a analouge dc drive for 10 hp dc motor and its armature voltage is 440 v dc.So pl.suggest any circuit which we can use for firing of thyristors (used with single quadrent configuration) .
    thanks.
    surinder
  4. t_n_k

t_n_k AAC Fanatic!

Small power variable speed DC motor drives are readily available off the shelf with all the "bells & whistles" you might need - why do you want to build your own from scratch?
  5. Kermit2

Kermit2 Well-Known Member