thumbnail

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
You can link to an image using the IMG-tags; e.g. {IMG}Image-URL{/IMG} - replace the {} with [].

Alternatively you can attach an image by scrolling down to the Additional Options section below and selecting Manage Attachments. You can then select images to attach.

Dave

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Does that actually work?

It might if you use the WYSIWYG editor but doesn't with the standard (or basic) editor.

Dave
Yeah, I've just tested it, you have to use the full WYSIWYG editor to be able to use that method.

Dave

bigcape

Joined Sep 18, 2009
Hmmmm

right mouse click (windows) on any IMG, then Left mouse click "copy" NOT "copy picture"

then right mouse click "paste" in.... either box I had to type to get this here!

Last edited:

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Hmmmm

right mouse click (windows) on any IMG, then Left mouse click "copy" NOT "copy picture"

then right mouse click "paste" in.... either box I had to type to get this here!

Still no. For me it only works with the WYSIWYG editor.

Dave

tibbles

Joined Jun 27, 2008
copy and paste has worked for me only once,i cant remember how i did it.

what is WYSIWYG?

well,it works with type ok but not images

OP?

dougal

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
You mean you have to click insert image then type in the url?
Which is the same as using the IMG-tags as per my first post.

Copying the URL doesn't display the image, it only creates a URL out of it via auto-fitting with the URL-tags.

I cannot recreate any of what you have said outside of the WYSIWYG editor.

Dave

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
@tibbles

wysiwyg = what you see is what you get

As for the format, are you uploading to AAC and then using the URL for that uploaded image? Under the advanced options, go to manage attachments. Browse to the image you want (presumably from your local PC), click on it, then upload. Right click on the uploaded image to get its url at AAC, etc. as described above.

John

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
As for the format, are you uploading to AAC and then using the URL for that uploaded image? Under the advanced options, go to manage attachments. Browse to the image you want (presumably from your local PC), click on it, then upload. Right click on the uploaded image to get its url at AAC, etc. as described above.
Some people also use you user album which is like a local Photobucket. Works in a similar way where it gives you a fixed URL for the image which you then place in-line with your message using the IMG-tags.

Dave

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bertus Off-Topic 0