thrifty project to save me $$$

tredwell

Joined Jun 20, 2016
hi, ive looked and ? well no luck. with less than a living wage i have managed. i would like to rebuild the AVR in my 5000 coleman generator. i have been self taught in the electronics area and schooled in other departments ie machining, auto mechanics. specific infoof this part is ; Powermate, 0062479, AVR. i have come across pictures explainations of how where wen why this part or its parts malfunction. to keep the thread short and annoyance minimal(no dissin ma electro homies)please only post a complete schematic of specified part. again from a Coleman Powermate 5000. AVR part number 0062479. if wonderment is happening, why i don't i simply copy the PCB? is that its covered with the plastic stuff they cover parts for enviroment reasons or more likely other reasons. as i am troubled with....cant see the parts fully. i dont want to replace individual parts needing repair or try dremel excavation for this avr may be thelast of its kind.lol. due to the lack of info in tech.. anyhow i hope this helps for my search and appreciate it. desperation to the level that i am leaving comp on. this site . this thread. this day. this ???aw crud...i just wanna get this thing beat already . acquired more than a year ago and its a shame but no problem to junk gen and put 10horse to good use on another kart. but i would like the generator first tho. thank you sorry to babble. onward and over there.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
hi, ive looked and ? well no luck. with less than a living wage i have managed. i would like to rebuild the AVR in my 5000 coleman generator. i have been self taught in the electronics area and schooled in other departments ie machining, auto mechanics. specific infoof this part is ; Powermate, 0062479, AVR. i have come across pictures explainations of how where wen why this part or its parts malfunction. to keep the thread short and annoyance minimal(no dissin ma electro homies)please only post a complete schematic of specified part. again from a Coleman Powermate 5000. AVR part number 0062479. if wonderment is happening, why i don't i simply copy the PCB? is that its covered with the plastic stuff they cover parts for enviroment reasons or more likely other reasons. as i am troubled with....cant see the parts fully. i dont want to replace individual parts needing repair or try dremel excavation for this avr may be thelast of its kind.lol. due to the lack of info in tech.. anyhow i hope this helps for my search and appreciate it. desperation to the level that i am leaving comp on. this site . this thread. this day. this ???aw crud...i just wanna get this thing beat already . acquired more than a year ago and its a shame but no problem to junk gen and put 10horse to good use on another kart. but i would like the generator first tho. thank you sorry to babble. onward and over there.

The part is available here for $70 (new). Your specific part has been replaced with part 65649.

http://www.arkansas-ope.com/POWERMATE_SMALL_ELECT.html
image.jpg

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I picked up the same generator as you have a few years ago for free due to the same problem.

I just refitted mine to use one of these. http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-KW-6-5KW-...ingle-Phase-/121960177851?hash=item1c6564a0bb

If I remember correctly I powered it directly off the main windings and added a 10 VA 115: 16 VAC transformer for the low voltage sensing this regulator uses.

Shortly after that, I replaced the 10 HP B&S with a well used Honda which uses about 2/3's the fuel for the same loads and no engine oil either.

tredwell

Joined Jun 20, 2016
I picked up the same generator as you have a few years ago for free due to the same problem.

I just refitted mine to use one of these. http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-KW-6-5KW-...ingle-Phase-/121960177851?hash=item1c6564a0bb

If I remember correctly I powered it directly off the main windings and added a 10 VA 115: 16 VAC transformer for the low voltage sensing this regulator uses.

Shortly after that, I replaced the 10 HP B&S with a well used Honda which uses about 2/3's the fuel for the same loads and no engine oil either.
kewl, the refit is that option. and so is buying the actual part. but folks, i dun dern askt a simple respectid like request and if it dont beat all, i be still needin a scheematic for i am newbie electronical self studeent. needs ma practice yo. it aint a matter of aqcuirein fixins. i really would rather rebuild and as with possible fall backs as buying the original or fittin it with newer better. seein how one of ya tackled the refit, how much fudgin around did u have to du to change motor? i will ask this in new post but just for here sakes. did you vneed help of a machinist to rework shaft dia.?must be a job anyway. thanks so far for info people. still hopeing a schematic shows. will post my drawing once it comes to that. but for now it will wait, as it has..

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
kewl, the refit is that option. and so is buying the actual part. but folks, i dun dern askt a simple respectid like request and if it dont beat all, i be still needin a scheematic for i am newbie electronical self studeent. needs ma practice yo. it aint a matter of aqcuirein fixins. i really would rather rebuild and as with possible fall backs as buying the original or fittin it with newer better. seein how one of ya tackled the refit, how much fudgin around did u have to du to change motor? i will ask this in new post but just for here sakes. did you vneed help of a machinist to rework shaft dia.?must be a job anyway. thanks so far for info people. still hopeing a schematic shows. will post my drawing once it comes to that. but for now it will wait, as it has..
Based on your spelling skills (my only measurement to assess your ability to communicate, learn and succeed) I can't imagine it is worth my time to give you a more complicated solution than point you to a factory-made replacement part.

Sorry, dude, that is all I'm willing to do.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Ha Ha! :D ^uneducated hillbilly speak for those who don't get it.^:oops:

Small engines have industry standard bolt patterns on their faces and standardized shaft configurations so it just a matter of matching the engine group size and the shaft design (straight VS tapered).

In my case, the 10 HP B&S and the 9 HP Honda are of the same engine sizing group so they have identical bolt patterns on their faces and both had the same size tapered shafts for generator/pump use.

'Dats da tings yous' can learns wif da intermanets on da computaterin thingy is yous' askes its da right questinifications.' ;)

Jus don't askes it bout neeked girls doe. Weeks of yours lifes will disapears in da blink of da eyes.:eek:

tredwell

Joined Jun 20, 2016
thanks for the info, members. i am aware of the standards that make the trades tooling and equipment less confusing. but this will assist me very well in next look at my generators.

tredwell

Joined Jun 20, 2016
Based on your spelling skills (my only measurement to assess your ability to communicate, learn and succeed) I can't imagine it is worth my time to give you a more complicated solution than point you to a factory-made replacement part.

Sorry, dude, that is all I'm willing to do.
Good work, padner. keep up the sleuthing

i have the same problem w/ a powermate coleman vertex 7500 generator & don't want to buy a $90 AVR. i'd rather make it generic so that any future replacement will be simple.

can you take pics of the mod you made? or send a diagram of the mod?

thanks so much.

ok, thanks. this schematic is pretty much like the original 0052627 AVR on the generator (that is bad).

but what i want to do is to use an 'off the shelf' replacement AVR for this generator as tcmtech noted above. i don't want to build one or modify the original one. can't deal w/ the epoxy on the board.

he indicated that he used a 16vac transformer for the exciter circuit w/ this AVR.

AVR schematic PN 0052627.jpg