three phase motor

julian109

Joined May 5, 2015
Hi.i need some help about a three phase motor.i have a Bach freezer with three phase motor and I want to find a solution to be conectit at 220 v then 380v.eny idea. Thanks

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
So I gather it is a 380 motor, if it is currently connected in star, you may be able to connect in delta for 220.
Do you have 6 connection posts in the motor terminal box?
Max.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
If you can post a close up of the motor plate and show the terminals with the cover off.
Most likely connectable in delta.
Max.

julian109

Joined May 5, 2015

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Although it shows Star/Delta on the plate, It only show one voltage, But the fact is also shows two current levels I am guessing it can be run on 220v delta, what I would do is connect in 220 delta and monitor the current to see if it conforms to the plate.
We really need to see an inside look of the terminal box on the motor.
Max.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
looks to me like its a 50hz, 380V star (Y) wired 6amps.

take pics of the terminals on the motor, note the colours, and where they connect to on the contactors.

Last edited:

julian109

Joined May 5, 2015
Although it shows Star/Delta on the plate, It only show one voltage, But the fact is also shows two current levels I am guessing it can be run on 220v delta, what I would do is connect in 220 delta and monitor the current to see if it conforms to the plate.
We really need to see an inside look of the terminal box on the motor.
Max.
Hi.

That's the pictured of motor.

Hi.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
It would appear that all 6 leads exit the motor, which makes me believe the possibility it is connected to a Star/Delta starter.
You would need to confirm, preferably with a pic, where the motor conductors go and what they are hooked up to.
This is a means of starting the motor with lower current until working rpm is reached.
Max.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Yes that shows the star delta arrangement but it appears that the motor could be being switched between the two, possibly for starting.
IOW, instead of one or the other selected it is being switched between the two externally, the conductors that exit the terminal box would need to be confirmed if this is the case and where they go to.
Max.