three phase bridge rectifier

Michigan

Joined Jul 1, 2013
What I reffered to unit is the alternator, so there is more than one alternator and one rectifier. I currently do not have system component information, will have to look into that.
Duane, the alternator field was gradualy increased to handle the load. We did not try a light load. I guess it is something to test and capture values.

t_n_k

Joined Mar 6, 2009
Michigan,

You probably appreciate the difficulty in responding to questions on the forum when one is not entirely clear with the whole picture being presented incrementally by the original poster.
With some further work on the DC output readings as the load is increased you may resolve the matter.
If you are able to control the generator excitation then (with some caveats) this may provide a simple means of testing the light load case. Provided your DC load voltage can be a low value without compromising the load itself, then a low excitation may clarify the bridge rectifier characteristics. You could run the alternator at (say) 50% excitation and take the same measurements as before but at a lighter load. This gives at least one other point of comparison. Using a range of excitation values might offer further insights.
One would stress the obvious point that where possible, line-to-line voltages, line currents, DC output voltage & load current readings must be taken concurrently at the particular load condition of interest.
What measuring meter or meters are you using?