Thoughts on Arduino/Raspberry Pi Idea?

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by kevinkss, Aug 16, 2014.

1. kevinkss

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Hi everyone. I am part of a research group from UC Berkeley working on a product involving the Arduino/Raspberry Pi. We are conducting market tests, and would really appreciate your help answering these questions. Thank you for your time!

1. If you use Arduino/Raspberry Pi, how often do you use it? How do you use it? Would you consider it mostly a hobby or do you use it for school/industry as well?
    a.How were you first introduced to it?

2. What are your general thoughts on the Arduino/Raspberry Pi? Did you learn to program by using the Arduino/Raspberry Pi or did you have some prior experience? If you had prior experience, how much? What languages are you well-versed in?

3. Would you be interested in a model-based approach to programming Arduino/Raspberry Pi functions? This would be something akin to Matlab’s Simulink or Labview’s visual programming (flowcharts). The basic idea would be to remove the need to code in C.
    a.If you are not interested, why not?
    b. If you are interested, what specific features would you enjoy?
    c .Do you believe such a tool would be an efficient way to teach/introduce students to programming?

In addition, here is a 1-minute survey (on a similar subject) if you are interested:

Survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1dkwyhC59I7h8IOuNFyL_tbjo7AFucTP0KQS0mYH1qy4/vie wform

2. shteii01

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2010
    Sorry, the file you have requested does not exist.

Please check the address and try again.

Linkfail.

3. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    I know what is Arduino and what is Raspberry Pi.

But what is Arduino/Raspberry Pi?

4. shteii01

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2010
    I vote for really good cake.

5. kevinkss

Aug 16, 2014
  6. kevinkss

Aug 16, 2014
  7. kevinkss

Aug 16, 2014
    Sorry about that confusion
    Basically, I am trying to target people who use Arduino or Raspberry Pi, so I just / for the or.

8. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    Well that is a strange combo because Arduino and Raspberry Pi are miles apart.

9. THE_RB

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 11, 2008
    Miles apart for sure...

However it's a fantastic way to go phishing for email addresses. Pick the two most popular nerd platforms. ;)

10. Shagas

May 13, 2013
    I just started with the Arduino and I like it. It's a quick way to prototype something.
    > Remove C code?
    God no! It's simple enough as it is.

Haven't used a PI yet. I'm going to need an on board computer for my future quadcopter projects and I'm heavily considering the BeagleBone black for various reasons.
    This might sound childish but I don't like green solder mask.

> Concerning a flowchart-based approach.
    I would be very interested to see if something like that would work in FPGAs