This site's textbook - in text?

ImpairedIgnition

Joined Nov 20, 2006
Yeah, I love this site's textbooks. I like them so much I would like them in print. I looked at the author's site here, but I couldn't find anyplace to buy the book(s).
Anyone know where I could buy this? I've even tried looking up publisher's prices, but unless I don't want +250 copies, I don't think it's worth even thinking about. I love this book, it's easy to understand. Hey, does anyone else have some recomendations for a beginner's reading? I guess this is also my hello thread. I've been interested in electronics for about a year, now trying to do more reading and trying to learn and such.

ImpairedIgnition

Joined Nov 20, 2006
I know, I know. That's what I've been doing. I've actually run into a lot of printing problems. Besides, I'd like to give back to the author for writing all of that anyway. I would mostly like a bound book to sheets of paper bound to jam.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Hi ImpairedIgnition,

Welcome to All About Circuits.

I'm afraid the book is not available as a printed form, however as JoeJester has stated that your best option is to download and print the PDFs of the book. Be aware that not all sections of the book are completed, which may be a contributing factor as to why there is no printed version.

As for "giving back to the author" I would recommend that you contact Dennis Crunkilton who is the maintainer of the project archive (details), he will be able to give you more information.

As for recommendations regarding beginner readings, you are in the right place here at AAC and if you can understand the general concepts detailed within you are certainly on the right track. The semiconductors section is not quite completed so you may wish to look at The Art of Electronics as a good book for this subject, but be aware that this text is pitched at underagraduates so you will need a good grounding. You could also look at our Useful websites for electronics thread for details of web resources that may be of use.

Dave