This 2012 nonsense is annoying

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
The world will not end on December 21st 2012 or December 23rd 2012.

Despite many previous failed attempts at predicting doomsday dates people continue. And many of them are making a buck doing it. Many sell survival books, survival kits and seeds, telling people to plan for the future.

I'm temped to set up the website whatwillhappenondec21st2012.com with the words "ABSOLUTELY NOTHING" in 72pt Arial. Or a counter to the 23rd for "absolutely nothing".

That's my rant over.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
You can't say it cannot.

The mayan calendar happens to have run out of room for another "cycle" is all, which is where the December 2012 comes from. I don't think that means much.

Looking at world events though, I wouldn't say living radically different in 2015 from the way we are today is impossible.

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
It could happen. Asteroid strike would be the most likely event if it were to happen. The ancients knew a lot about astronomy and they might have seen a comet or asteroid and predicted its path or something. Million to 1 shot but it could happen. And currently we don't know that much about asteroids. I think we've only cataloged a small percent in our solar system alone.
We've categorised all the near earth objects. It's true, one will pass us close, about 26 million miles, but if an actual comet or asteroid on a crash course for us we could observe it in the sky by now.

Assuming your argument that we can't deny the world won't end, how are all these doomsday book writers supposed to know?

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Speak for your self, John. Famous quote.
Also follow the leader with quotes from others.
Speak from the heart,that Is within you...

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
Here we go again..seriously do you want to talk about it.
Don't worry, Christians and in fact most faiths have it. But I don't care for those, or any religion. I am just saying it's a bit hypocritical. Most of these 2012 predictions also tie in with biblical prophecies.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Don't worry, Christians and in fact most faiths have it. But I don't care for those, or any religion. I am just saying it's a bit hypocritical. Most of these 2012 predictions also tie in with biblical prophecies.
Want to talk about doomsday. huh!!!.. I can scare you out of your pants.
But I cannot say anything in an open forum..

Remember me bragging about an entertainment forum for the more senior members.
If AAC could have another VIP like, forumW has a VIP which I am a member of.
There only those who are curious enuf or those who are actually looking for answers can be accessible. New comers just cannot be excepted.
If AAC had that then I can tell a lotta things openly. I find you lot really interesting and for the fact you are like me, you deserve to know the truth for yourself. I can show you but not like this.

Besides..we can have a lotta fun there.....Admin do need to think about this thoroughly..
There are lot of reputable, and I must say needed members here that would like that as far as i can think of.
A forum to hang out and discuss what ever you want and to have fun with..

But that idea too went down the drain....:(

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
Want to talk about doomsday. huh!!!.. I can scare you out of your pants.
But I cannot say anything in an open forum..
Don't worry I've been preached to before.

Let's leave religion out of it, forget my comment.

I find it disturbing how con artists have manipulated people into believing this nonsense. But it has happened.

I will be only laughing on the 23rd.

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
Guys,
We, humans, will destroy the earth if it does not happen from a natural disaster. The negative effects of the human action have already started to appear on earth. The exact day is not known.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
It's something like that they want to be noticed.
It is something personal for them. They just need to have people believe what they says. they cannot let go if people did not believe it.

It all about stature and money ....nothing else..
Greed can destroy you and it will take anyone who mingles with it..
End of the world is near but how near I dunno..but I can see the signs now..
There are few more signs to come...

I'll let all of you a little something tht will interest you...
Your lord "Jesus" will return to earth. I dunno if I will live to see the day, but I do wish to live long enough to see him.

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
Guys,
We, humans, will destroy the earth if it does not happen from a natural disaster. The negative effects of the human action have already started to appear on earth. The exact day is not known.
The earth will be fine. I am not worried about that. We're not going to be able to destroy the earth unless we figure out a way to create a neutron star or something similar.

But what I am worried about is us. We may damage the earth's biosphere so much that it is no longer capable of sustaining life; we might survive, but at what cost? Future generations having to use oxygen masks and tanks because of air pollution? Water becoming a scarce resource instead of a commodity? Natural life as we know it gone?

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
We can learn a lot right here If you know how to
word It. There Is a lot In the news every day,but
you don't understand It. There Is class society
among people. If a man told you he watch jet
planes flying over as a kid,what country. The
leader names that Is on your street,because you
are uninformed. Like once a mayor,always a mayor.
You come from another country with a title It
comes with you and you have authority here
among the classes. You would be surprised and
concerned If you knew to much. A passport route
amer,Pak,Indo,England, and ------too much.

Last edited:

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Biosphere will be fine, and water won't run out as far as I know.
And as for natural life, some are gone before, new ones will come.
Animals are here for us.
Some to eat.
Some to learn from there behavior and how they survive or live.
Some to be away from.
But all are here as a sign, tht there is one who governs everything. Anyone with a logical mind will know this life is not by chance.

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
We can learn a lot right here If you know how to
word It. There Is a lot In the new every day,but
you don't understand It. There Is class society
among people. If a man told you he watch jet
planes flying over as a kid,what country. The
leader names that Is on your street,because you
are uninformed. Like once mayor,always a mayor.
You come from another country with a title It
comes with you and you have authority here
among the classes. You would be surprised and
concerned If you knew to much. A passport route
amer,Pak,Indo,England, and ------too much.
Loosewire, you make no sense.

Of course there is a class society. What is your point?