Think I need a Diode?

Offtwice

Joined Oct 22, 2012
I am working on a DC project that utilized 9 (8 volt) batteries to create a 72 volt pack. The pack powers a golf cart. The pack also powers 3 (72 to 12 volt - 30 amp max) power reducers for accessories. The power reducers are all wired to a fuse block that distribute the 12 volts to each fused accessory. In addition to the power reducers, a single 12 volt 55 amp battery is attached to the fuse block.

I want to monitor the amps and volts being drawn from each power reducer and the 12 volt battery "individually". Can anyone give me some suggestions how to isolate performance of the 12 volt battery and each power reducer?

Initially I hoped that a diode would restrict feedback and that I could measure the volts between the positive terminal and a diode to isolate.............but after some thought this would only work for volts as an ammeter measures the negative lead. So I am confused

Thanks for any help I can get!

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
If you could sketch out the basic connections it would help lots more then following your description.

Offhand I would suggest a high side current monitor IC, but I don't know of any that work that high in voltage (but if some do someone else here will post shortly...)