Thevenin therem problem,,,,,,Plllz Help !!???

ujnikm

Joined Nov 15, 2012
Hello guys,,,,,,,, I've an assignment for electronics that i should deliver on Saturday but there is a problem that i can't solve anymore so pllz help me !!!???
in this pic he wants R Thevenin pllz tell me how to find it while having 2 sources one is voltage and the other is current and u can't use source transformation !!!

Jony130

Joined Feb 17, 2009
To find Rth all you need to do is to replace all voltage sources with short circuit and all current sources with open circuit.

ujnikm

Joined Nov 15, 2012
i mean that if he wants me to put this circuit in the Thevenin form (A voltage source(Vth) and A resistance(Rth)) in series.
now we have Rth=6 Ω
we have to evaluate Vth ...how could we do this??
hint:i mean that i want the Thevenin equivalent circuit for it :):)

Jony130

Joined Feb 17, 2009
OK. I understand now. Simply use circuit analysis to find Vth.
For example try use superposition
And yes Rth resistance is equal to = 2 + 12/3 = 6Ω

Jony130

Joined Feb 17, 2009
You don't need to be sorry. Did you managed to solve this problem and find the answer?
I find Vth = 52V and I use superposition.
First I remove a current source (open circuit) and find Vth1. Next I remove a voltage sources (short circuit) and connect a current source and find Vth2. And finally answer is Vth = Vth1+Vth2

Last edited:

ujnikm

Joined Nov 15, 2012
You don't need to be sorry. Did you managed to solve this problem and find the answer?
I find Vth = 52V and I use superposition.
First I remove a current source (open circuit) and find Vth1. Next I remove a voltage sources (short circuit) and connect a current source and find Vth2. And finally answer is Vth = Vth1+Vth2
Thank u for helping ,,,,,, With ur Help I manage to solve it