thevenin equivalent, right answer?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Most members are hesitant to click on external links. Please attach your image here, scaling it if necessary to make it reasonably sized. You should be able to scale most images to 600 pixels wide or less and get files sizes under a couple hundred kilobytes.

If your image is just the problem, don't expect too many people to put forth the time and effort to solve the problem from scratch just to tell you whether you got the right answer or not. You should be able to verify the correctness of your own answer readily enough and, if you can't, then it is probably time to learn how.

Instead, post YOUR work on YOUR homework problem, so that people can follow YOUR work and verify that it is correct or, if it isn't, can point out where you are going wrong.

Cyberduke

Joined Mar 5, 2011
If you are an electrical engineering or some sort of student, you will soon have to start modeling circuits on some software. There is a free tool named LT spice which is incredibly helpful. So if you you need help understanding of checking of an answer it is often useful to model your circuit and then you would be sure. You also learn to use the software which is a bonus. The software is not hard to use.

Also just posting an answer will not get me to check it. Posting your whole method step by step makes it easier for us to see where you are doing wrong, just like WBahn said.

lippyf

Joined Sep 26, 2015
Ok, this is how I did to find U_oc and I_sc.

The original circuit

To find U_oc:
Simplify the ciruit

After the simplify

To find I_sc:
Simplify

After

Calculation for both U_oc and I_sc

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Again, many members will not follow external links -- they don't know whether the site you have linked to is malicious or not. Besides, it is HIGHLY preferred that you upload your images to AAC so that they are archived on the AAC server. Who knows whether the images on a third-party server will still be available five or ten years from now (or whether the server itself will still be available). If they are archived on the AAC server, then they will be available as long as AAC is around.

lippyf

Joined Sep 26, 2015
Ok, one more try.

The original ciruit, see attached image circ.jpg

To find U_oc:
Simplifying the ciruit
u1.jpg

After the simplify
u2.jpg

To find I_sc:
Simplifying
i1.jpg

After simplify
i2.jpg

calc.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Ok, one more try.

The original ciruit, see attached image circ.jpg

To find U_oc:
Simplifying the ciruit
u1.jpg

After the simplify
u2.jpg

To find I_sc:
Simplifying
i1.jpg

After simplify
i2.jpg

calc.jpg
Getting close. Your files are still huge and many people won't or can't download such large files, especially when there is simply no need for it.

Take your u1.jpg. It's a 3.1 MB monster. I took the time to download it and then just opened it in Paint, cropped the stuff that wasn't needed, and scaled it to 600 pixels wide. Here's the result in a 41 kB file, less than 1.5% of the original file size -- and it took right at a minute to do.

Example.jpg