Thermal fuse ?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by tigerbarb, Aug 5, 2009.

1. tigerbarb

Thread Starter Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Hi every one
    Have an air pump which has blown the fuse and can not under stand what it states on the fuse,
    1125 TAM
    250V 2A
    7-C 045
    S>E JET
    I get no reading off the fuse on Ω so im sure it has blown,i have another one in the pump on the other side, is there any way of testing it to find out what the thermal rateing is ? and understanding the rest of it ,as ive tryed to get one from electrical supplyers and no one seemes to no what fuse it is.

2. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    that is 2 amps fuse

Rifaa

3. tigerbarb

Thread Starter Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Hi
    I know it is a 250v 2A fuse but what dose the other lettering stand for is it thermal? fast blowing? im sorry i dont know or is it just an wire ended fuse.

4. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    Some part of that should give the temperature that causes fusing, but it's a factory code. One way to get some idea of that temp is to look up the pump online and see if they give that spec.

Before going too far, you might try a 2 amp fuse on a pigtail to see if the pump winding is shorted. If that fuse pops immediately, a pump replacement is more sensible than a thermal fuse.

5. fanie

Jan 20, 2007
    A slow blow should work ok for that, you also get 250V polly fuses nowadays.

6. tigerbarb

Thread Starter Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Hi
    Ive been through my supplyer they have orderd from the manufacturs and they havent sent any with ther orders, or any information at all,i also have emailed the manufacturs about 6 times and they havent had the decenty to repy to them,i know the pump will work because when i cut off the fuse i crossed the end wire and the pump ran, also tested ok on Ω meater,the pump is an Hailea air pump model ACO-9820,thats as much as i know.

7. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
  8. tigerbarb

Thread Starter Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Hi Alberto
    Taken note of 2a slow blow fuse will keep it in mind thanks
    Bertus
    tryed the site but its all in japenese so carnt translate it to reed it,the only thing i can do is to print and find some one to read it to me.

9. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
  10. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    The thermal fuse serves a dual purpose. It protects against overcurrent and overheating.

11. tigerbarb

Thread Starter Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Hi Bertus
    Been into site ;still no info on fuse so i have sent them another email hopeing this time i get a reply will keep in touch and let you know what happens,i apreachate the help thanks

12. tigerbarb

Thread Starter Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Hi Bertus
    Just been into site but stll no info on the fuse so ive sent them a new email asking for this info and to explain it to me will let you know what happening thank all for trying.

13. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    If you can show the fuse then may be I can tell.

Rifaa

14. tigerbarb

Thread Starter Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Hello,
    Im in microsoft word and and when i try to send a email to Heilea company from the site you sent me i dont seem to be getting through i cannot understand what the Cc is for at the top of the page do i have to put anything in there to send this email.

15. tigerbarb

Thread Starter Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Hello Rifaa
    Can you explain how this is done and i will try my best, i can tell you the body is 7mmx2mm is black in colour 7 brown wheretwo wires come out ,wires are 20mm long on there is printed 1125 TAM 250V 2a
    7-C 045 S>E JET .

16. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

Does it look like the fuse at the front page of the attached PDF?

Greetings,
    Bertus

• TCO.pdf
      File size:
      652.4 KB
      Views:
  17. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    take a picture of the fuse and post it,

Rifaa

18. tigerbarb

Thread Starter Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Hi Bertus
    Had to get Adobe reader seen atachment sorry none of them.
    Hi Rifaa
    Ive taken a picture and its on the destop on the computer but how do i get it in here?

19. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

You can attach pictures using the "manage attachments" button a little bit down the page when you reply.

Greetings,
    Bertus

20. tigerbarb

Thread Starter Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Hi Bertus
    i will give it a try