there is some serious problem with AAC

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by PG1995, Oct 2, 2012.

1. PG1995

Thread Starter Active Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Hi

This issue is not something new because Georacer would remember that this happened in the past then I requested him to start some threads on my behalf, then after a day or two the issue got resolved automatically. Even after that that issue occurred occasionally. At times I ignored it but other times it starts taking its toll. This does not affect all the forums/sections. The issue is that sometimes I can't start a thread in some of the forums. For instance, I was able to start a thread in this section but I have been unsuccessfully trying to start a new thread in Homework Help forum since yesterday. For example, check out the linked video below. I have tried all the browsers at my disposal: Chrome, Firefox, Opera. Have cleared cookies and have restarted my computer. I have even tried to start a thread using my phone which runs android. The browser I use on my phone is Opera mini and the error I get there is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNZnQomzpj0

Regards
    PG

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  2. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    Your post doesn't have any content. If you want us to improve our site, you must tell us what you thing is wrong.

3. PG1995

Apr 15, 2011
    Sorry for that. Actually when I posted that content-less message I was simply checking if I would be able to start a new thread in this section. Once I discovered I could, I updated it. Thanks.

Regards
    PG

4. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    Did you check your internet connection to make sure you had signal and/or connectivity?

I haven't had a problem at all, so it can't be an issue with AAC. It must be on your end.

5. PG1995

Apr 15, 2011
    Hi DerStrom

I'm little surprised at your reply. After all that explanation and proofs you are telling me that the problem lies only on my end. There was no problem with my internet connection. If there wasn't any problem with AAC, then why would I be able to start a thread in one section and not in the other. It has happened before and I hope Georacer remember that. Thanks.

Regards
    PG

6. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    People with the same problem sometimes have it solved by reducing the title length below 20 characters.

This thread has a larger title, but I guess the Feedback Forum might have different system specifications.

Try it and tell us how it works.

7. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    Well, to be perfectly fair, you didn't really give all that much "explanation and proofs"..... :p

I admit, I did miss the part about being able to post in one section but not the other, so that was my own mistake. For that I apologize.

I have just never had that problem before, so naturally I assumed it wasn't a fault of AAC's.

8. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    I have a beginners account just for testing. Never seen a problem though.

9. PG1995

Apr 15, 2011
    Hi DerStrom

No worries. Isn't video a proof enough? :) And Georacer can stand in a witness box to testify that the problem has occurred in the past?! :D

@Georacer: Yes, I will update this thread as soon as I'm able to start a new thread there. Right now, I have no new queries so let's wait for when there is a need to start a new thread.

Thank you, everyone.

Best wishes
    PG

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  10. PG1995

Apr 15, 2011
    Hi

I have just started a new thread in Homework Help section. I wasn't able to do this yesterday. @Georacer: I don't think this has much to do with title length. Thanks, anyway.

Best wishes
    PG