The war on cops, another chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Reset the cause. Repeal the 17 amendment. This is what caused the federal power grab. There is no way to check 100 hobbyists.
The senate was to represent sovereign states. Now we have 100 thiefdoms. AND no sovereign state representation.

The states no longer have power to check the feds.

We didn't have any of this shit till the 17th.
Right! It was all good until 1913. :D

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
"Officer Yanez was a member of an organization for Latino police officers."

Mr. governor of Minnesota, the cop 'Jeronimo Yanez' seems to be not 'white'. I think mindless fear was a factor at that traffic stop.
http://www.startribune.com/what-we-...-who-fatally-shot-philando-castile/386016701/
Maybe he confuses racism with profiling.
Cops use profiling because it works. You can tell them not to all day long, but when your life is on the line you do what works.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
The answer is local police and local control. Of course, there needs to be oversight at the state, not Federal level. I am against a Federal army being stationed in every city.

John

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Here are some raw data:
upload_2016-7-8_16-4-1.png

Source: https://thesocietypages.org/toolbox/police-killing-of-blacks/

Those data are not corrected for the greater criminality of blacks in the US. You will find statements to the effect that police kill blacks at twice the rate as they kill whites (based on average population), but that ignores the disproportionately high population of blacks in high crime areas (i.e., big cities) and the clear fact that blacks commit proportionally more violent crimes than whites do.

John

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
So you don't think there is a problem? Not that the Feds will fix it, but really, do you think there is a problem?
This cops killing blacks is way, way blown out of proportion to the number of arrests. I see very little police linkage directly related to race between cases other than the fact the victim is black. In most cases (long after the media has forgotten about it) the cops are rightly cleared of any charges, in others with merit local charges are filed and justice is served. Today if you're black and get shot by the police it might be a headline but if you're some white guy in Oregon you get two lines on the back page.

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I haven't watched TV news for a long time, but I was in a barber shop when the TV there came on with stories about police killings this week...both of them. I thought that was odd because, 1) It was on mainstream media, and 2) It wasn't 2 people killed this week, it was 4, but 2 of them weren't "Afro-Americans" so (apparently) they don't count.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cops-shoot-unarmed-teen-dylan-noble/
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/undercover-cops-chase-down-kill-teenage-driver/

Then some fool opens up on a crowd of cops. I'm thinking, "No wonder I don't see police killings on TV. If two of them cause this much reaction, Dog only knows what would happen if the 1000+ per year were shown on TV."

So, tell me...have I been missing the 1000+ reports per year of police killings on TV, or is this kind of news just not available on TV?

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
There's one I didn't know! ...white people killed (494) is very close to equaling the number (496) of all other descriptions combined.
A couple of quick searches show "white people" at 63% to 73% of US population, so it looks like I'm getting a break for being white.
What ever happened to that rumor that white people are no longer the majority in U.S.A.? Just the usual sensationalist crap?

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
nsa, it happens everytime. It takes time to figure out what really happened. I was pulled over by an un-stable police officer once.
This cop was young, by himself and very nervous. His voice shook. I made sure to keep him as calm as possible. It was scary. I would hope the training is better today. Still, whenever armed authority tells me to do something, I do it. I do not challenge them. Some are taught that resisting an officer is expressing your civil rights. It never has been.

ronc, I was referring to the interference of our lives and glutinous growth of the fed. If the states remained in the senate, we would not have this obese, corrupt, parasite.
The 17th didn't cause Dallas. But it did create the political atmosphere in DC. AND that DID cause Dallas.
100 selfish, arrogant, prima donnas. There is no check on these oath breakers.

There needs to be a check on the court also. They should have been impeached and confined as the Constitution sets, long ago.

There is not a tirade of power. Only congress has the power. The president has only the power to administer and carry out laws passed and paid for by congress. He has and gets some perks, but he can not defy or oppose congress. The court is suppose to settle disputes, fairly between the states. They have no authority to make law. At the most, they may determine Constitutionality, BUT not substitute a remedy. Law is only with congress (the people and states have to agree).
They can only say no. And nothing else. They may make no law.

Our founders detested democracies. They detested mob rule.
We are suppose to be a republic of sovereign states.
Nothing scares a fed politician or fed judge more than the words "Constitutional Convention".
This is the only power the states have left. They have threatened several times to get fed attention.

The amendment we need, is to allow only half the states to call a convention.

I'm sure the progressives would pass that one. Power back to the people. Fat chance.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
The, "War on Cops" is a big, fat, lie, and I resent you headlining that on my favorite site.
With all due respect, you're wrong. Did you read the sites you linked? There are a few facts but mostly it's biased opinion pieces.

Did you read some of the reviews of Heather MacDonald's book? Here are a couple:

“Heather Mac Donald is an unsung hero in the transformation of New York into the safest large city in the United States. Her essays helped to lay out the rationale that gave me and my police commissioners guidance during the largest continuous reduction in crime ever accomplished in our city and nation. This book is a necessary read for anyone wondering what is happening in ‘the capital of the world.’”

—The Honorable Rudolph Giuliani, former mayor of New York City

“If you have heard the rhetoric on all sides of the issues involving the police, and would like some facts to put that rhetoric to the test, there is no better source than The War on Cops. Whether you want facts about the explosive events in Ferguson, Missouri, or in Baltimore, or you want to know why murder rates in New York City fell sharply in the 1990s, this is the place to find solid information. If you want to understand the role of race in all this, that, too, is documented with data. This is a book that can save lives.”

—Thomas Sowell, the Rose and Milton Friedman Senior Fellow on Public Policy at the Hoover Institution, Stanford University​

I'll stand by the quality of this source compared to some blogger.

And besides, when in your life have local police forces been so routinely demonized as part of a coordinated media narrative? Something is clearly different now than it has been for decades. Video contributes to making sensational news, but it's deeper than that. There are people that benefit from stirring up hatred for local police.

Status
Not open for further replies.